EMPIR PhotoLED - Future Photometry Based on Solid-State Lighting Products
The aim of the EURAMET European Metrology Programme for Innovation and Research (EMPIR) project 15SIB07 PhotoLED is to address the obsolescence of traditional incandescent standard lamp technology used in photometric calibrations and the need to support the introduction and uptake of new solid-state lighting (SSL) products. The project will develop and validate the basis for a new photometric system based on white light-emitting diodes (LEDs), by developing new LED-based calibration sources and measurement techniques supporting the specific properties of the new light sources and detector technology, including illuminance measurement of the new LED calibration sources without optical V(λ) filters in calibrations of photometers and measurement facilities used for determining the energy efficiency of new SSL products coming to market.
- April 18-19, 2018: Next PhotoLED Project meeting to be held at OSRAM, Augsburg, Germany.
- October 27, 2017: CIE DR2-71 Meeting at Jeju, Korea -> Establish new CIE D2 TC 'LED Reference spectrum for photometer calibration'.
- October 23, 2017: New LED Illuminants and Reference spectrum presented at CIE Workshop, Jeju, Korea.
- October 22-28, 2017: PhotoLED participates at CIE 2017 Midterm Meeting, Jeju, Korea.
- September 28-29, 2017: 2nd Project Meeting at CMI, Prague, Czech Republic.
- May 11, 2017: 1st PhotoLED Stakeholder Workshop at METAS.
- November 25, 2016: Project website opened.
- September 15-16, 2016: Project kick-off meeting held at VTT MIKES, Espoo, Finland.
- September 1, 2016: EMPIR project PhotoLED started. Project duration is 3 years.
Collaborators and Stakeholders
Your opinion and support are important to us. If you would like to influence the outcome and follow the progress of the project closer, register as a Stakeholder or apply to become a Collaborator. Contact either Peter Blattner (WP Impact) or Tuomas Poikonen (Coordinator). The contact details can be found on the Contact page of the website. Below you can find downloadable content of the project that is aimed at all Stakeholders and Collaborators of the project. New material will be regularly added here or on the Results page of the website. The official publishable summary of the project will be updated throughout the project, whenever new updates are available.