EMPIR PhotoLED - Future Photometry Based on Solid-State Lighting Products
The EURAMET European Metrology Programme for Innovation and Research (EMPIR) project 15SIB07 PhotoLED addressed the obsolescence of traditional tungsten filament standard lamp technology used in photometric calibrations and the need to support the introduction and uptake of new solid state lighting (SSL) products. The project developed and validated the basis for a new photometric system based on white light-emitting diodes (LEDs), including new LED illuminants for colorimetry and LED reference spectrum for photometry. New photometric calibration sources and measurement techniques were designed and built, supporting the specific properties of new light sources and detector technology.
Project PhotoLED has officially ended on 30 August, 2019.
The project partners would like to thank all stakeholders and collaborators who supported the work of the project!
- March 16, 2021: PhotoLED Spectral Database has been published online, see Results page
- Aug 29-30, 2019: PhotoLED Final Project meeting was held at DTU Fotonik (Denmark)
- Aug 28, 2019: PhotoLED Training event was held at DTU Fotonik (Denmark)
- June, 2019: PhotoLED took part in the CIE 2019 29th Quadrennial Session in Washington DC, USA.
- June 18, 2019: Validation of the fisheye camera method has been published in IOP Metrologia - See Results page!
- May, 2019: PhotoLED final stakeholder training session will be held at DTU, Denmark in August 2019.
- March, 2019: PhotoLED project meeting was held at CSIC, Madrid, Spain.
- March, 2019: Luminous flux and efficacy comparison with the new LED standard lamps has started.
- January 29, 2019: EURAMET TC-PR training on LED illuminants, reference spectra and standard lamps of PhotoLED at IPQ, Portugal.
- January, 2019: Luminous intensity comparison with the new LED standard lamps and unfiltered detectors is ongoing.
- January, 2019: New luminous flux LED standard lamps (DC- and AC-operated) have been constructed and characterised.
- November, 2018: New luminous intensity LED standard lamps (LIS-A) have been constructed and characterised.
- August 13, 2018: CIE 015:2018 Colorimetry, 4th Edition has been published with new LED illuminants.
- August, 2019: The new fisheye camera method has been validated with 8 integrating sphere facilities.
- July 3, 2018: CIE TC2-90 LED reference spectrum for photometer calibration has officially started.
- June 12, 2018: PhotoLED took part in the LED Workshop arranged by CIE and NC Netherlands in Eindhoven.
- April 18-19, 2018: PhotoLED Project meeting held at OSRAM, Augsburg, Germany.
- October 27, 2017: CIE DR2-71 Meeting at Jeju, Korea -> Establish new CIE D2 TC 'LED Reference spectrum for photometer calibration'.
- October 23, 2017: New LED Illuminants and Reference spectrum presented at CIE Workshop, Jeju, Korea.
- October 22-28, 2017: PhotoLED participates at CIE 2017 Midterm Meeting, Jeju, Korea.
- September 28-29, 2017: 2nd Project Meeting at CMI, Prague, Czech Republic.
- May 11, 2017: 1st PhotoLED Stakeholder Workshop at METAS.
- November 25, 2016: Project website opened.
- September 15-16, 2016: Project kick-off meeting held at VTT MIKES, Espoo, Finland.
- September 1, 2016: EMPIR project PhotoLED started. Project duration is 3 years.